In is down, down is front

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Jully 11: Cuzco

Nothing particularly exciting today, other than a citywide demonstration by SUTEP in Cuzco. Carolyn and I toured all the little museums that are on the boleto turistico (the tourist ticket you have to buy to visit the Incan sites of the Sacred Valley). Seventy soles (about $25) allow access to the nine archaeological sites of the Sacred Valley and seven regional museums in town. We saw a lot of hellfire and brimstone at the Catholic church museums. I also finally tried chicha, the fruit juice like beverage made from purple corn. I had the non-alcoholic version, but apparently the Peruvians ferment the stuff into proper corn beer as well. I also got suckered into taking a picture of the people in their fancy dress. I wanted to take one just of the girl with her baby goat, but then her sister came over and then her mom, and they all demanded tips after I took the pictures. *Sigh* Well, I get to make a few rookie mistakes, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home